Need suggestions for mobile phone choice for mobile company?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Imola Ghost, Jun 27, 2013.

1. Imola Ghost, Jun 27, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2013

Imola Ghost macrumors 65816

I'm looking for suggestions for mobile phone service for me to give to sub-contractors doing work for me. I'd like to have iPhone's but I'm up for suggestions. They need access to email and high quality video & photo ability in the phone.

My problem is that we have to travel all over the country and I'd like to be able to get a local area code phone number when we are working in the current area. So I don't want a contract with an assigned permanent phone number, I'd like to be able to easily drop that phone number and get a new local area number when we are done and moved on.

I've looked at a service call "Ring Central" but wanted to see what else is out there. Possibly a pre-paid phone service but I don't know anything about them other that you reload them when the minutes are up.

Comments or ideas?

Also, Best Buy has mentioned that if I wanted iPHone 5's I could buy the iPHone 5's and then purchase some cheaper prepaid flip phones or whatever and they can cut the SIM card down to fit in the iPhone 5. This would let me use an iPhone 5 as a prepaid cell service. Has anyone heard or used a iPHone 5 like this? Any drawbacks, pros or cons?

2. Mrbobb macrumors 601

If u don't mind your number changing all the time, go pre-paid, but bear in mind that 409 number will change next time you return to the 409 area code.

Otherwise I don't believe you can keep a bunch of numbers and keep re-using them. That's one odd request.

Doing anything legal? ^)

3. Imola Ghost thread starter macrumors 65816

No, I actually want the number to be changed based upon the area. Meaning if we're in Dallas, TX at the time I'd need a phone number for that local area code.

I knew I'd get some interesting thoughts about the request but no, nothing illegal here. I actually have a company that follows weather catastrophe hit areas. The reason for the "local number" is that it looks a lot better for our potential customers if my sub-contrators have a phone that is local on their business cards.