Need suggetion on parts source

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Geckotek, May 14, 2010.

1. Geckotek macrumors G3

Geckotek

I'm getting ready to sell my iPhone 3G. A few months back it got wet. I immediately powered it off and dried it in rice for a few days. Once I charged it back up, all was well except the backlight was turned off and the power button didn't work.

Turned up the backlight and all is well there. But the power button still doesn't work. I need to replace the headphone jack assembly. I'm also debating replacing the glass/digitizer as it has a noticeable scratch in it.

iFixit.com wants $50 for the headphone jack. I see listing on eBay closer to $15. This makes me think it's not worth $50, but the $15 ones migth be crap. I have no idea.

Does anybody have a supplier they've used that's cheaper than iFixit.com and they have been happy with the quality?

2. Gadgetgeezer macrumors regular

Ebay is fine if you choose carefully somebody with good feedback. Try and get genuine parts although I use copy parts sometimes and they have been fine.

3. DEE9299 macrumors 6502a

DEE9299

ubreakifix has them for i think $15 and they are apple oem parts.......

4. Geckotek thread starter macrumors G3

Geckotek