Need System that works

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by LadyTas, Mar 28, 2011.

1. LadyTas macrumors newbie

I currently have a PC and after several years and $$$ haven't got a system that works for making home movies. I am not making big productions, just filming the kids and stuff. But...I want to get it transferred to a DVD. So far I was successful getting one DVD.

I have a lot of analog footage and a Sony Handycam DCR-HC28 (miniDV). I am on the verge if buying a MBP 13", do I need the 15"??. I want to know if I will be able to convert my analog footage and that I will be able to connect my camcorder to the MBP and download my video. What converter do I need for the analog....I've purchased two with my PC and they don't work worth a hoot. Will the MBP recoginize my camcorder and "work".

Is the software that comes with the MBP, iMovie, adequete for editing video and burning DVDs? I tend to film a lot and need to cut out quite a bit.

Mostly I need to know if my camcorder will be compatible with the MBP.

Thank you,
    Karen

2. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

iMovie will work for editing and burning to DVD.

Sony Handycam DCR-HC28 will work with a Mac easily through firewire cable.

There are a few converter boxes. I don't use them but there are a few threads around here about that.

If you are doing a lot of video, consider the i7 MacBook Pro, with 7200rpm harddrives.