Need Technical Help From Experienced Members Please

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Roberto Barcellona, Nov 23, 2015.

1. Roberto Barcellona, Nov 23, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2015

Roberto Barcellona macrumors member

Could somebody please help.

I have had 2 repairs on a top of the range MacBook Pro within 4months (new motherboard and graphics card/2nd repair new SSD drive). Graphics card wasn't rendering movies properly & SSD was having intermittent problems.

In the video I have posted, it shows a problem I have with iTunes, this problem was also occurring before new SSD drive. I have to force quit iTunes and then it will work.

Do you guys reckon it can be hardware related again, as continues to happen with new logic board, graphics card and SSD drive?

Apple can't give me a solution other than repair again, only just got it back from extensive testing.

They won't replace or refund my money, they have told me that I'm must go down the consumer law route.

2. Samuelsan2001 macrumors 603

Just looks like a software bug, you could try reinstalling OSX or just itunes, you've had a lot done and a reinstall may sort out any bugs.

3. Roberto Barcellona thread starter macrumors member

Thank you for the reply really appreciate it.

All of that has been done, a complete reinstall didn't solve the problem. To previously get rid of problem we did a SMC and graphics card pram reset, this made it work, then it occurred again. Just done those same resets and working again.

Still get a beach ball for 2secs but works, my 2010 Macbook Pro same operating system iTunes and Yosemite no beach ball.

Will see if the problem happens again.

4. Barna Biro macrumors 6502a

Barna Biro

Try installing Windows on Bootcamp and iTunes on Windows. My guess is that it will work fine, if so, then it's most likely a software issue that a simple reinstall might not fix ( as you've said yourself, it has already been done and it doesn't help ). Perhaps future updates of iTunes / OSX will solve it... try opening a ticket on their support forums.

5. snaky69 macrumors 603

Looks like a software issue to me. Hardware wouldn't/shouldn't cause that.

6. Freyqq macrumors 68040

Definitely a software problem. iTunes is notoriously buggy. OSX doesn't even crash, just that one program. It's either an iTunes issue, driver issue, or both.

7. Roberto Barcellona thread starter macrumors member

Thank you all for the replies!

It seems to be hardware as the only thing that will make it work is reseting pram on graphics card, then after a week or so problem happens again. Previously videos would also crash on youtube.

I have an older MacBook Pro with same software and versions installed and these problem never happen.

Really appreciate the replies, thank you.

As I have had so many problems with a 4month old MacBook Pro, Apple are considering to give me a 3rd brand new one.