Need text list of recent docs.

Discussion in 'Mac Programming' started by Corrado33, Oct 29, 2008.

1. Corrado33 macrumors member

Sep 2, 2008
    Hi everybody,
    I'm making an actually pretty complex (I think) set of applescripts in combination with automator and iKey, to make a program to enable me to do a few things on my computer all by sending myself an e-mail from my phone as a text message. One of the things I want to do is get a list of recent documents and send it via ichat back to my phone. I know how to see the recent documents, but I don't know how to get a TEXT list of these documents. I also don't want the folders to be in the list. If you guys could help me out I would really appreciate it. Any variation of copy paste and any other thing you can think of would work well, as iKey does basically whatever the heck I want it to do. However, a script of some kind would be much better as iKey is a last resort.

EDIT: I don't need the "send to my phone via ichat part" I can do that. I just need the list of recent docs in text form. Thanks!!
  2. kainjow Moderator emeritus

Jun 15, 2000
    If you still need this information, you can try parsing the ~/Library/Preferences/ file.

Also if you know C you can grab this with a new 10.5 API from Launch Services. See LSSharedFileList.h (Spotlight it).