Need the best and the most protective iPhone 5c case. Please help!

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by omershiloh, Jul 18, 2014.

1. omershiloh macrumors newbie

hey guys!
    im going to the army and i need really rugged case for my iphone 5c
    i know there is the griffin and otterbox but they have many problems.. can you please give me some suggestions?
    tnx all !

2. Ann P macrumors 68020

3. Zmanbaseball2 macrumors 68040

Zmanbaseball2

I agree. Love it on my iPhone 5.

4. omershiloh thread starter macrumors newbie

5. AE14 macrumors 65816

We are more an otterbox family and my daughter uses a commuter on her 5c. She loves it and it provides a nice level of protection without being grossly oversized.

6. Nhwhazup macrumors 68000

Nhwhazup

Have you checked out the New Trent cases. They are all about rugged and protective. I'm more of a minimalist but my husband likes the protection and is super fussy. He has the New Trent and really likes it - built in screen protector that actually works, with a two part case that includes tabs that close to protect all the holes.

7. hungx macrumors 6502

hungx

Definitely check out the LifeProof cases. Since they're also waterproof, I sometimes wash my phone with soap to get rid of germs :cool: They have two versions of the iPhone case: the Nuud and the Fre. Both are waterproof, but the Fre has a built in screen protector while the Nuud does not. They do include an external static cling screen protector that you can install if you want. I'm currently using the Nuud and have the external screen protector installed.

8. omershiloh thread starter macrumors newbie

I need case for iphone 5c !

9. Ann P macrumors 68020

Magpul Field Case is also worth checking out.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1405988395.392160.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1405988400.099959.jpg

10. davjan macrumors newbie

Lifeproof case for 5c , there are 2 models one With screen protection , one without , all weatherproof

11. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I'm happy with the Apple 5c case - its not a lifeproof type case, but it protects the back and I have ghost armor on the front.

I personally, don't like big bulky cases. I know its not exactly what the OP is asking for, but in reality, its a nice case that protects my phone.

12. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I think LifeProof is a good option, I'd recommend that.

13. davjan macrumors newbie

It is indeed bulky
    But I work as à foreman in building so phone needs to be all weather protected , also Nice is this weekend The weather was very hot, Some friends found it funny to trow me in a pool , i was totally soaked bit phone was totally dry :)

14. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I'm not questioning that it does a great job, definitely. I sit in front of a computer all day, so I can afford to have so little protection, you on the other hand need something a little more comprehensive :)

15. jpadhiyar macrumors regular

Otterbox is always my first choice as far as protection of iPhone is concerned. And defender series is the best one with high level of quality.

16. PoopManDu macrumors newbie

PoopManDu

Checkout these
    Tech21 (D3O Technology)
    Urban Armor Gear

17. Delorean2006 macrumors 6502a

well my girlfriend i both have speck candy shells and she's extremely clumsy with her phone and drops is everything and i well have an outdoor lifestyle where my phone would take a beating but still looks brand new because of the case, it takes a beating and holds up and it does have military ratings so i say take a good look at that

18. adock macrumors newbie

I've had good luck with otterbox. The sound quality on the lifeproof suffers.
    Just recently got a griffin survivor and it's a great case. It does a better job keeping dust out of the speakers than the otterboxes.

19. ipos macrumors 6502a