Need the collective with a weird Find My Friends issue

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Tom359, Mar 17, 2016.

1. Tom359 macrumors regular

My wife and I both use Find My Friends. When either of us launch the app, we both show up correctly on each others phone. Correct name, correct avatar. When I set a notification for when she leaves work, I always get the notification, but it says my name instead of hers in the notification alert. She NEVER gets a notification if she sets the alert on her phone to notify her when I leave work. Here are some things that might be important to know:

-The phone she has is my old phone. She always gets my hand me down. However we always do a "set up as new" and then restore from her icloud backup.
    -We both share an iTunes account, but she has her own icloud account and her own storage plan.
    -We have tried deleting/adding each other back to the app, nothing changes.

Such a frustrating issue and I am at a loss of what to do. Thanks for any help!

2. BrianBaughn macrumors 601

BrianBaughn

Have you signed in at iCloud.com, at each account, and checked Settings to see what's under "My Devices"?

3. Tom359 thread starter macrumors regular

That was the problem. Her 6s was listed under my devices twice. Once from when it was my phone, and again with her number. I deleted both, and now the alerts seem to be working for both of us.