Need the scroll wheel back!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by MikeonTV, May 1, 2008.

1. MikeonTV macrumors regular

I rarely listen to music on my ipod. What I like to do is record talk radio on audacity and put that on my ipod. Some of the mp3's can be up to 5 hours and I frequently have to stop and FFW to the spot in the mp3 where I left off.

I'm finding it very hard to maneuver the bar that plays the specific moment in the mp3 on my iTouch

With my 5th gen I could just scroll CW or CCW until I was there. Is there any alternative way of picking a point in an mp3 on the iTouch?

2. PMB macrumors 65816

PMB

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/4A93 Safari/419.3)

no. Why dont you use your other iPod for those?

3. MikeonTV thread starter macrumors regular

currently I am. But you must also see the irony of me walking around with two ipods. One for wifi one for music

4. dejo Moderator

dejo

Staff Member

Just Pause the podcast before you leave it. Then when you return to it, it will continue where you paused it. Simple, no?

5. Mal macrumors 603

Mal

In iTunes, you can set any MP3 to resume where you left off. Just get info on the song (I think you can do it with multiple songs at a time), and tell it to "Remember Playback Position" under "Options".

And no, we don't need to bring back the scroll wheel. It's great on non-touch iPods, it'd be horrible on the touch.

jW

6. MikeonTV thread starter macrumors regular

7. YuriVoorhak macrumors regular

...:confused: