Need three-armed tech nerd for wireless experiment

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by gillyweed, Apr 26, 2008.

1. gillyweed macrumors newbie

And after the experiment, could you call up two of your buddies--one with a white Macbook and one with a black Macbook--and settle the question once and for all: Which macbook--pro, black, or white--doesn't have crappy wireless reception?

I have a Macbook Pro that always appears to be running at full wireless capacity, but I have a really hard time watching streaming video. I, like, need my Hills fix. It's not the baseport, or where I am in the house (sitting on top of the baseport), or the service (I have already upgraded to faster).

I have read that the aluminum shell deflects wireless waves, but I have an earlier Macbook Pro with just such an aluminum shell and when I sit the earlier and newer ones directly next to each other, the older model always surfs the internet significantly faster. I know this is not an issue that's unique to my computer.

I decided to buy the black Macbook, hoping to get better reception, but people are apparently having problems with it, too: http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=475363

Should I buy the blackbook to get better wireless? I'm totally okay with sacrificing space and screen size to be able to watch streaming video that isn't constantly interrupted by buffering. Buffering makes me :mad::mad::mad:.

2. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

I think you should get a better router, or relocate your router.