Need timer program that can...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ScottL, Jul 4, 2009.

1. ScottL macrumors newbie

About to switch from Palm OS PDA (Th-55) to iphone and looking for replacement for an old program called Pester. I'd like the timer program to:

1. Let me choose which of at least several different sounds for when the alarm goes off.

2. Let me set a repeating alarm which will go off every X minutes where I can set X to be from 1 min to several hours.

3. It would be nice if I could have several alarms running at same time (though not totally necessary).

Thanks for your time.

2. cobalt135 macrumors regular

The timer function itself won't do what you ask but you can set multiple alarms with whatever sound you want. Even custom sounds if you wish. Out of curiousity I just made 10 alarms real quick so I know you can make more than that if you wish.

You can create the alarms plus run the stopwatch and the countdown timer all at the same time.

That is just the stock abilities. I don't know what apps there are out there but I am sure there is one that can do it. You have iTunes? If so check out the App Store.

3. hchavarria macrumors 6502

There is a program called routine timer which costs $2.99 that might due what you need. I suggest you download iTunes and go to the app store and look if it fits your needs.

4. Tom G. macrumors 68000

Tom G.

There is a timer on the Clock app that came with your phone. It does have multiple tones to choose from, but appears to only have the ability to time one function at a time.

5. ruinfx macrumors 6502a

anything from the app store is probably not going to work unless it has push notifications built in