Need Tips on what to say to apple rep

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by TheShinyMac, Jun 5, 2009.

1. TheShinyMac macrumors 6502a

TheShinyMac

I will be calling apple tonight about my macbook pro. I am so mad that I purchased it two weeks before the new ones came out. On the 15th day I realized I could have returned it under the 14 days and then gotten a new one. I will talk to the rep and see what they can do. Any ideas on what to say and how to say it?

2. Shake 'n' Bake macrumors 68020

Shake 'n' Bake

Sorry, but if you're out of the 14 day return period, there's nothing Apple can do. Just suck it up.

3. Darth.Titan macrumors 68030

Darth.Titan

I'm confused... there hasn't been a spec bump on the MB Pros since March.

Why would you complain now?

4. TheShinyMac thread starter macrumors 6502a

TheShinyMac

Ahh I gues you are all right, just have to suck it up, I am thinking about selling it. I will start a new thread about that.

5. Halsey12 macrumors regular

6. Unprocessed1 macrumors 65816

Unprocessed1

You can't on MR, have to have 250 posts to sell stuff on here.

7. fartheststar macrumors 6502a

fartheststar

You're going to sell a macbook pro (at a loss) so you can get a minor speed bump? IMO it's not worth it. And the others are right, you're complaining way too late. You should have tried on day 15, and someone might have helped you at Apple (unlikely, but might have). Now you're just out of luck.

I wouldn't feel bad about it though, you've got a very capable machine.

Edit: Just saw your post about selling it - you've got an older model, still a very capable machine but way too late in the game to sell it back to Apple. The unibody ones have been out since... October...

8. Unprocessed1 macrumors 65816

Unprocessed1

+1

There hasn't been a speed bump since March, and now you are unhappy? No MBP's are 'outdated'. The minimum is a 2.4, and you at least have that? Even the old 2.53 Ghz is superior to the current 2.4. There will always be speed bumps, and you can't blame Apple 3 months after you bought the MBP and waited this long. Selling it to upgrade will result in a rather large amount of money and time lost on your part, and is completely silly IMO :cool:

9. eawmp1 macrumors 601

eawmp1

Yet another "OMG I am behind the curve and need to upgrade my mac threads". There will always be something faster, shinier, more drool-worthy around the corner. If your mac gets the job done you don't need a new mac. Besides, if you pay attention, there is something of a pattern to Apple hardware upgrades. Research...buy...don't look back. May I suggest the Buyers Guide?

10. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Don't bother. You're not permitted to post in the Marketplace forum and you're not permitted to sell outside of it here.

That said, there has been no upgraded to date, meaning you are weeks (months even) outside your return window.

11. clyde2801 macrumors 601

clyde2801

Not worth it to trade up

I'd have to agree with the other posters about selling a perfectly good machine to trade up to the newest model.

You'd take a loss on the sale, and more than likely you wouldn't be able to tell the difference on the newer model.

If you want to see a performance boost, buy a 7200 rpm hard drive and install it in your machine, and get an enclosure for your original drive to serve as an external.

Sorry, but technology eventually makes bit#^e$ out of us all.

12. old-wiz macrumors G3

Not to mention

If your current MB is working fine with no issues, why take chances with another MB that might have issues?

13. TheShinyMac thread starter macrumors 6502a

TheShinyMac

again thanks for the tips any Moderator reading this, you could lock or delete this thread