Need tips organising my iTunes library

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by marcel-v, Aug 15, 2010.

1. marcel-v macrumors regular

Hi, my problem i that when I import CDs such as the main artist but featuring someone else, the album flow wil not be sequential, instead when i sync my iphone/ipod i end up getting artists <blank> featuring <blank>. Same goes for front row.

Is there a solution, or a useful application for itunes organization?

2. MacNitty macrumors newbie

I have a love/hate relationship with iTunes. In my research, If you are running Tiger or Leopard, Tune Up is the best I've found. http://store.apple.com/us/product/TV976LL/A You still have to watch what it does because tags somethings wrong. But it gets the job done.

3. BiggAW macrumors 68020

I've done a lot of manual editing over the years. I typically just select an entire album or audiobook and edit the artist to make them match up. It's a pain, but if you have good Metadata, iTunes is a lot more useful...

4. ReggaeFire macrumors 6502

Once you figure out how to properly utilize the metadata tags available, itunes becomes much more useful. In this case you want to use the Album Artist tag (you also may want to use the Sort Artist and Sort Album Artist tags). First make sure the Album Artist tag is filled in, select all the tracks on an album and enter in the name of the main artist. This keeps the song as "X" by Artist Y featuring Z, but tells the ipod/etc to group all the songs on the album in order under Artist Y.