Need to access TrueImageBackups on Mac

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by Mactrillionaire, Oct 16, 2010.

1. Mactrillionaire macrumors regular

Hi, I was wondering if anyone is aware of an OS X program that will let me either mount a TrueImageBackup (.tib) file on a Mac or let me convert it to a Mac Disk Image (.dmg) file. The .tib file format is a proprietary file format owned by Acronis and used for their backup software. Currently, they do not offer Mac support, so unless someone knows of another solution, I am stuck with running Windows or deleting my hard disks full of these images. If at all possible, I would prefer not to have to delete these images as I use them to backup my old PC hard disks from previous PCs and Mac Disk Images to backup files from old Macs. I am using Windows less and less and would really like to finally be able to quit using it, but this is the last challenge preventing me from doing so at the moment.

2. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

VMWare Converter will convert .tib to .vmdk, and .vmdk is cross platform. (You still need Windows to do the conversion, but once you have vmdk you are fine.).

B