need to build a site with expedia connection

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by steveca, Sep 21, 2009.

1. steveca macrumors 6502

hi everyone...

i have a project in which i need a website that connects to a hotel database system similar to expedia.

does anyone have any idea if there are 'ready made' solutions (white label) or if there is a web service out there with all the hotels in a database?

thanks a lot

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

I think a ready made site may be a bit of a stretch. Sites like that have multiple levels that do not make for great "ready made" sites.

Did you take a job that you cannot manage without a canned site?

3. steveca thread starter macrumors 6502

yeah it is an overshot :)
    I am going to take on a project in fact. No it wouldnt be a problem to build the site and all the PHP etc that is involved. the problem is how to get the database, the actual source itself...

4. SrWebDeveloper macrumors 68000

SrWebDeveloper

Visit here for an overview. Look specifically at the Booking Engine page next for what seems to a complete web service package including an option for a hosted solution. Beyond this, if you need to interface with only one entity, i.e. one specific hotel, contact that hotel's web site and/or developer and ask if they offer an API or web service. They usually document usage, sell licenses and so on at their web site.

-jim