All iPads Need to buy new ipad urgent- need help

Discussion in 'iPad' started by surfer369, Sep 29, 2016.

1. surfer369 macrumors member

Hi all,

I need to buy an ipad for my wife today, she has the mini 2 and uses it for work and occasional use. It has become very slow with all the updates and can't use it specially for her work apps.

She does prefer the size of the mini, but I fee like the ipad pro9.7 would be a better ipad since its the newest and more powerful than the rest.

Is a newer mini going be released this year? I don't want to buy something now and find that a new ipad is released a month later.

Also, is the pen and the keyboard worth it? where do you store the pen? I am just wondering people who have upgraded form the mini to ipad pro9.7 how do they like their ipad's.

ohh and thinking of the getting the wifi 128gb.

what do you guys recommend?

2. Older bird macrumors regular

Older bird

I have both, coming from the mini 2, the mini 4 will be a definite upgrade. I doubt they will release a 5 this year. The iPad Pro 9.7 is my primary tablet. It is nice but not much difference between the 2 really. I had the pen and keyboard and returned both.I didn't utilize them enough to warrant the expense, but that's just me. I don't use mine for work just recreation.

3. ericwn macrumors 65816

I would not buy a size that my partner doesn't like. The bigger iPad Pro has the pencil and keyboard support, while the mini is clearly a more portable device with a much smaller footprint. Take your wife shopping and get her what SHE wants. If she was content with the mini before she will probably appreciate a new mini anyway.

4. ericwn macrumors 65816

Oh, and nobody outside of Apple knows when new products are released. We can all just guess.