Need to Calibrate Display Colour or Copy Profile from Another Mac?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Kardashian, Oct 18, 2007.

1. Kardashian macrumors 68020

Kardashian

Hey Hey!

Just got my replacement MacBook, and for the life of me.. I cannot calibrate the display!

No matter how many time I calibrate it, and whether I'm doing it through System Preferences or an external App.. I just can't get it look right.

In all my picture on my 'old' MacBook, which I have in my posession, I look nice and tanned in all my pictures (for example) - on the new MacBook, I look dull, and well, 'ill'.

It's not just me - all the colours in my photographs seem washed out.

Apparently I cannot officially get a colour profile created on another Mac to work on anyone but the one it was created from (says the Apple site) - but is there a non-official/hack way?

I really hate the way my display looks on the new Mac. Please.. HELP!

2. Kardashian thread starter macrumors 68020

Kardashian

3. Kardashian thread starter macrumors 68020

Kardashian

Sorry to be a pain, and I know 'bumping' if frowned upon but please.. there are so many 'clued up' people on MR, someone must have an idea?

I just need a way to properly calibrate my display/some tips or a way to use the profile from my other Mac.

Sorry again, and I really hope someone can help.. :(

4. iMouseHD macrumors regular

You should be able to go into you LIB-COLOR SYNC-PROFILES-DISPLAYS and copy the profile form your other Mac. Once you have that you will need to get it over to your mac book and place it in the same location as above from the original Mac. You should then be able to use the Color Sync tool to manually set the default profile for your macbook.

I copied over the profile from my ACD to my MBP using this method and it worked just fine.

Or you can search the many posts here that folks have posted their profiles and see if you find one that works for ya...:)

For what its worth...