Need to clear my info prior to selling - Please help

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Ann P, Aug 27, 2011.

1. Ann P macrumors 68020

Hi, I am prepping my device for sale but I am stuck. It is a USA Factory Unlocked iPhone 4 model. I want to restore and clear out my personal info but I believe it will be stuck at the dreadful 'Plug Into iTunes' screen afterwards. The problem is I LOST the AT&T micro sim that it originally came with. I don't think the T-Mobile SIM is gonna activate it. Is there anyway I can avoid this? I greatly appreciate your help!!

2. Saileshbreaker macrumors regular

IF its Factory unlocked then any sim should be able to activate it, i have a factory unlocked myself and have been able to activate without my official carrier sim :cool:

3. Ann P thread starter macrumors 68020

Really? I didn't know that. I hope you're right cause here's goes nothing...

4. Ann P thread starter macrumors 68020

Update - Thanks!! It worked flawlessly, you're a lifesaver. :)

Does anyone have tips for selling expensive devices/cellphones on eBay? I'm an avid seller with over 150+ feedback, PayPal verified, and US seller but have never sold anything over $500.00. I'm a little worried.

5. macingman macrumors 68020

macingman

Don't sell to buyers in high risk countries (Nigeria etc.). Only sell you buyers with 20+ 100% positive feedback. Complete the transaction through eBay. If the deal seems to good to be true it probably is. Don't fall for a PayPal scam. Take pictures of the item just before shipment in shipping packaging as proof it was sent in good condition.