Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

creativedogmedia

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 26, 2011
I just migrated from outlook to the native Mail app on my MBP using Lion. My inbox still shows 682 unread messages and the Mail icon in my dock wont clear even after a restart and a reboot. I have no unread messages in my inbox. I have rebuilt the mailbox already. Any suggestions?

creativedogmedia

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 26, 2011
Highlight all the mail, the select Message->Mark->As Unread

Then do the same, except now select Mark as Read

Should have added...I did that but once I marked as unread it doubled the count in icon....marked unread and it went back to 682.

creativedogmedia

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 26, 2011
First, check Prefs->General->Dock Unread Count, what is it set to?

It was set to all mailboxes but I changed it to inbox only and it went away....i have another mailbox that doesn't even have 682 messages in it...wonder what the 682 was referring to?

swiftaw

macrumors 603
Jan 31, 2005
Omaha, NE, USA
It was set to all mailboxes but I changed it to inbox only and it went away....i have another mailbox that doesn't even have 682 messages in it...wonder what the 682 was referring to?

It isn't a gmail account is it? Gmail has an "all mail" folder which sometimes causes problems.

creativedogmedia

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 26, 2011
It isn't a gmail account is it? Gmail has an "all mail" folder which sometimes causes problems.

Nope, it's an Exchange acct. But you just reminded me that I can add that into the mix....makes life even easier.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.