Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

flwerchild

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 26, 2010
Hi everyone,

I'm really hoping that some of you guys will be able to help me. I had originally bought my iPhone 3G unlocked from ebay brand new a few years ago. I recently sold it on ebay as a used unlocked iPhone 3G. My problem is I would like to know how to go about clearing all my personal info off of the phone before sendig to the new owner. I have read enough to know that doing this will cause the phone to lock again.
So, I don't know how I would go about unlocking the phone again being that it had already come that way for me. It is running on a broadband of 2.30.03 and I've heard conflicting things about unlocking the phone again on that bb. Yet, I have never updated the software through itunes. The phone has always been on that bb. There is some kind of sim card that has always been under my t-mobile sim. I don't know if that makes a difference at all.
I wasn't planning on having to do all of this to sell so any help would be great at this point since I don't know how to go about unlocking again!!

aristobrat

macrumors G5
Oct 14, 2005
If all you want to do is clear your info, can't you just use Settings > Reset > Erase All Content and Settings?

I think it takes awhile on the 3G, but it should get the job done.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.