Need to delete Jailbroken icon

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by severe, May 14, 2008.

1. severe macrumors 6502a

Hey guys..

I've recently hacked my iPhone again, after several months of having it untouched. Everything has gone smoothly, however an app called BeatPhone had an issue installing and now any attempts to open that app result in a crash.

The real problem is, it doesn't show up in my uninstall list but the icon is still on my desktop. I imagine this is because of the install failure. How can it be removed? Apparently, the normal method of holding down a finger on an icon doesn't work with Installer apps. No "X" shows up on these icons.

Any help would be appreciated.

2. Xenn0X macrumors regular

use a ssh client and manually delete it.

3. severe thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks.

I just tried to install OpenSSH via iLiberty and something on the iPhone read that it couldn't be installed because another app had been missing. Although... iLiberty looked like it completed.

How would I know it installed? And, to be honest, I'm not sure I'd know what to do if it was. Does it allow access like FTP or something?

4. Xenn0X macrumors regular

just restore to 1.1.4 and re-hack the thing. much easier.
    and when re-hack use winpwn or pwnage

5. severe thread starter macrumors 6502a

On my way there..

Quick question. After choosing "don't back-up" iTunes states "Are you sure you want to restore..." "..all of your songs and other data will be erased". Will this also lose my Notes or were they also backed up earlier this evening, before the Jailbreak?

6. severe thread starter macrumors 6502a

What about my previously saved webclip icons? This is freakn retarded, by the way. No wonder I had past up on this months ago. It's all coming back to me now.

Though thanks for your help.

(im beginning to think OpenSSH may be the ticket)

7. severe thread starter macrumors 6502a

8. Xenn0X macrumors regular

ok cool :)