Need to downgrade to 2.1.1. Help?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by mbcollins93, Jul 3, 2009.

1. mbcollins93 macrumors member

mbcollins93

Hi,
    I just bought a 2g 8gb ipod touch from best buy. I brought it home and loaded the 3.0 os (that best buy did not have already installed :( ) and then synced it to my movies and music via itunes. What i did not realize is that after i synced it i had under 1gb of memory left. So i am going to return it for a 16gb. I am going today to do it and I just called best buy and they said they would exchange it as long as there was nothing on it. So I have deleted all my music and and am going to downgrade it to 2.1.1 os just like I bought it. I know how to do it through DFU mode but I have never done it and want to make sure it is safe.
    Thanks

2. Reginald macrumors newbie

I downgraded yesterday. No prob so far. Everything is working fine AGAIN.
    I'm back online, folks !
    Itunes version doesn't matter, the firmware 2.2.1 can you get by using google.
    Just one important thing: your ipod has to be in DFU-Mode (black screen) and NOT in Recovery-Mode (Usb-Wire on the screen). It has to be the DFU-Mode or it brings up an error (use Google how to do this).
    Then press shift and at the same time click on Restore and select the 2.2.1. firmware.
    And then just lay back, relax and wait.
    When everything is done, delete your network settings again and then everythings is just as before. Voila !