Need to exchange iPhone 4s, walk-in or setup appointment with genius bar?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by isoft7, Oct 19, 2011.

1. isoft7 macrumors 6502a

One of my friends walked in last night without an appointment and they took care of his problem right then and there, but I wonder, should I setup an appointment via their online system for this afternoon? Or just walk in?

Does it make any difference?

PS: My 4s touchscreen is whacked out, since I got it, whenever the phone gets hot, the right side of the screen no longer responds to touch. I figure it's a ribbon connection problem when the heat causes the device to expand a small amount.

2. bellaisa macrumors regular

why is this even a question? it takes like a minute to setup an appointment.

3. tbayrgs macrumors 603

tbayrgs

I'd make an appointment--walk-ins always seem to be a bit of a crap shoot.

4. isoft7 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Because an appointment locks me into a set time, if it otherwise doesn't matter, I'll just stroll in whenever I want. Sorry if it seems ridiculous.

5. X3NIA macrumors member

It does. Find an hour block today and schedule.

You'd end up locking yourself into an hour wait by walking in anyway... At least looking at the amount of people in my local stores.

6. melman101 macrumors 68030

Would you rather go and not have any appointment and be turned away? At least with an appointment you are guaranteed a spot.

I say make the appointment, and if you can't make the time, change it online.

Mel

7. ste1164 macrumors 6502a

ste1164

Make an appointment. If you are free earlier go in see if they fix your issue. Then tell the guys to cancel your appointment.

8. Stealthipad macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

If you are going on a weekend, you should make an appointment. If it is a non-busy time there should be people to help you. Be prepared to wait either way as sometimes things do not work like you want.

BE NICE! I have found being nice and polite to the Genius is the best way to go.

9. Blackforge macrumors 6502

When I had a cable go bad a while back they told me you usually needed to make an appointment to swap it out...

Make an appointment.

10. isoft7 thread starter macrumors 6502a

All very good points... alright, I'm off to make an appointment now.

Thanks all!

11. kvizzel macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

Everytime I walk in they tell me to schedule it off the computer. Fine by
    me because usually I always get one like 5 minutes away.