Need to get iPhone 5 ASAP

cennix

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 27, 2012
Im starting a contract with Sprint and im getting the iPhone 5, the question is that im going to order it to ship, now if i want to try to get it like online doing the 10pm trick or i somehow find a way to get it earlier, can i cancel that shipping order? and if i try to get it another way, is it going to let me get it for $199?

Thanks a lot

PAC88

macrumors 6502
Apr 23, 2009
It's very simple to cancel an order through Apple if it's still in the "processing stage". Just go to your order summary page and there's a cancel button.. I believe you have to cancel that first one before purchasing local w/ contract pricing.

I'm sick of waiting and need a new phone so bad that I'm ready to cancel my $400 iP5 64gb and just get the 16gb iP4 for $99 tomorrow..

cennix

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 27, 2012
It's very simple to cancel an order through Apple if it's still in the "processing stage". Just go to your order summary page and there's a cancel button.. I believe you have to cancel that first one before purchasing local w/ contract pricing.

I'm sick of waiting and need a new phone so bad that I'm ready to cancel my $400 iP5 64gb and just get the 16gb iP4 for $99 tomorrow..
so im just not going to do anything and try to start the contract online and everything asround 9:55 and then before i click place order i keep refreshing and the pick up may ungrey?

PAC88

macrumors 6502
Apr 23, 2009
so im just not going to do anything and try to start the contract online and everything asround 9:55 and then before i click place order i keep refreshing and the pick up may ungrey?
I'm not exactly sure how the reservation thing works. I tried to do it but never saw the option for it anywhere. So I just ended up ordering regularly..

I know there is a thread about it somewhere but maybe someone else can chime in.

saving107

macrumors 603
Oct 14, 2007
San Jose, Ca
I'm not exactly sure how the reservation thing works. I tried to do it but never saw the option for it anywhere. So I just ended up ordering regularly..

I know there is a thread about it somewhere but maybe someone else can chime in.
You only see the option if your local Apple Store has available iPhones to sell, if they didn't receive any earlier that day or if they only received a low quantity and that quantity went fast then the option goes away.

cennix

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 27, 2012
My store didnt even seem to get a shipment, and i know for a fact i wouldnt of missed it, i see a couple areas in stock but too far, should i keep refreshing?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.