need to get rid of info on camcorder screen?

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by Keebler, Jul 14, 2011.

1. Keebler macrumors 68030

Hi Folks,

I'm using a Panasonic TM900 via hdmi to my computer and need to have all information which appears on the lcd screen to be off. I need that screen blank.

I'm capturing interviews live via a blackmagic intensity card (hdmi), but right now, the " MNL " for manual is left on screen. I've managed to shut everything else off, but this remains.

I need it gonzo and can't figure it out. I've been through the manual but no luck so far. There has to be a way so i'm hoping someone here can help me.

I can't close the LCD either b/c the hdmi connection is in the way.

Cheers,
    Keebler

2. martinX macrumors 6502a

martinX

EXT DISPLAY button the on the remote control?

90° hdmi connector so you can get it out of the way and then shut the LCD screen enough to deactivate it?

3. Keebler thread starter macrumors 68030

Thanks Martin. I used the remote - I just couldn't find it and wondered if there was an on-camera way to do it (which there isn't - confirmed with with the Panasonic chat team).

Just in a panic with trying to set this process up and of course, a limited time crunch. The remote wasn't on it's normal shelf so I had to remember when/where I used it and it was to watch my son's soccer on the TV so the remote was crammed in between the cushions :)

Thanks,
    Keebler

4. acearchie macrumors 68040

acearchie

Just out of interest was this to capture a higher quality video than is normally available?

What did you require this for?

5. Keebler thread starter macrumors 68030

for onsite client interviews. i'm going direct to a blackmagic intensity card so the capture screen had to be clear.

Cheers,
    keebler