need to get rid of info on camcorder screen?

Keebler

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jun 20, 2005
Canada
Hi Folks,

I'm using a Panasonic TM900 via hdmi to my computer and need to have all information which appears on the lcd screen to be off. I need that screen blank.

I'm capturing interviews live via a blackmagic intensity card (hdmi), but right now, the " MNL " for manual is left on screen. I've managed to shut everything else off, but this remains.

I need it gonzo and can't figure it out. I've been through the manual but no luck so far. There has to be a way so i'm hoping someone here can help me.

I can't close the LCD either b/c the hdmi connection is in the way.

Cheers,
Keebler

martinX

macrumors 6502a
Aug 11, 2009
Australia
EXT DISPLAY button the on the remote control?

90° hdmi connector so you can get it out of the way and then shut the LCD screen enough to deactivate it?

Comment

Keebler

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jun 20, 2005
Canada
EXT DISPLAY button the on the remote control?

90° hdmi connector so you can get it out of the way and then shut the LCD screen enough to deactivate it?
Thanks Martin. I used the remote - I just couldn't find it and wondered if there was an on-camera way to do it (which there isn't - confirmed with with the Panasonic chat team).

Just in a panic with trying to set this process up and of course, a limited time crunch. The remote wasn't on it's normal shelf so I had to remember when/where I used it and it was to watch my son's soccer on the TV so the remote was crammed in between the cushions :)

Thanks,
Keebler

Comment

acearchie

macrumors 68040
Jan 15, 2006
Thanks Martin. I used the remote - I just couldn't find it and wondered if there was an on-camera way to do it (which there isn't - confirmed with with the Panasonic chat team).

Just in a panic with trying to set this process up and of course, a limited time crunch. The remote wasn't on it's normal shelf so I had to remember when/where I used it and it was to watch my son's soccer on the TV so the remote was crammed in between the cushions :)

Thanks,
Keebler
Just out of interest was this to capture a higher quality video than is normally available?

What did you require this for?

Comment

Keebler

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jun 20, 2005
Canada
Just out of interest was this to capture a higher quality video than is normally available?

What did you require this for?
for onsite client interviews. i'm going direct to a blackmagic intensity card so the capture screen had to be clear.

Cheers,
keebler

Comment