Need to get weather widget back

Discussion in 'macOS' started by MKnight, Feb 15, 2008.

1. MKnight macrumors regular

MKnight

I clicked on the weather widget twice I think and it dissapeared and I can't seem to get it back...

If click on the manage widget button I can see the 'x' indicates it's there but I can't see it...

2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Find a file named widget-com.apple.widget.weather.plist in the Preferences folder, delete it and restart. Now re-add the weather widget and it should appear work normally.

3. Bonsai1214 macrumors 6502a

sorry, but where might one find this file? (can't seem to find the preferences folder)

4. Father Jack macrumors 68020

Father Jack

I think you will find the weather widget if you double click your Macintosh HD icon then double click the "Library" folder and then double click the "Widgets" folder.

5. Bonsai1214 macrumors 6502a

the widgets in the aforementioned folder are the ones you download separately. the weather widget is stock.

6. Father Jack macrumors 68020

Father Jack

7. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

What happens when you drag another instance of the widget up from the widget bar at the bottom? Also, use Spotlight to find the PLIST file, searching for weather and plist. :)

8. Bonsai1214 macrumors 6502a

nothing comes up when i search for that except my safari history :(

9. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Sorry to take so long to get back to you mate. I just realised that Leopard doesn't show you the PLIST file. The preference file mentioned earlier is in the user account's Preference folder, which is in the Library folder. The file will probably be somewhere near the bottom.