Need to hear iPhone thru car speakers

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Veleka, Sep 28, 2010.

1. Veleka macrumors newbie

Sep 28, 2010
    Hi, I'm having some difficulty hearing lately, and there is no way to adjust the volume on my iPhone 3 to make the internal speaker louder. Even using the hands-free function doesn't make the volume loud enough.

I am not a fan of ear buds or Bluetooth or anything I have to put in my ears.

What I really want is a way to connect my iPhone to my car's speaker system so I can hear conversations "over the radio," as it were.

Second option would be something that I can hook onto my visor to hear and speak hands-free and adjust the volume.

Someone told me there are devices that allow this, but I have sought them in vain. If you know of such or can offer guidance for this, I would deeply appreciate it.

2. Dhelsdon macrumors 65816

Feb 5, 2010
    Canadian Eh!
    Hey, check out the Jabra Cruiser. It is exactly what you've described above. I own one and I absolutely love it!:)

They retail for about 90$ but you can find then new on eBay for about 50$USD.
  3. Veleka thread starter macrumors newbie

Sep 28, 2010
  4. Ramiarna macrumors member

Apr 13, 2010
    Well, my head unit has an aux input. So I get to hear music or calls through the car speakers. You can get decent aux input capable head units for almost a $100.

Should solve your problem.
  5. anetoiu macrumors member

Oct 29, 2010
    a cheap FM transmitter from eBay would be enough
    there are plenty of them for less than $20