Need to know if Jailbreak is possible on 3.1.3 for 3GS???

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by povsicf, Mar 28, 2010.

1. povsicf macrumors member

Hi I have a 16 GB iPhone 3GS that I want to jailbreak. I am on the latest firmware and bootrom, and it has not been previously jailbroken. I don't care to get it unlocekd, as I am on att but want to know if I can jailbreak it and how or what steps I need to take to get it jailbroken, also once it gets jailbroken, will I be able to get it unlocked in the future being that there is no unlocke for it right now??? Please help me, thanks for all your help in advance. Take Care.

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

No.
    Nothing right now.
    Maybe in the near future.

3. povsicf thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for the answer, but I saw on youtube new video tutorials that show you how to downgrade back down to 3.1.2 and then jailbreak, but not unlock, is that a possibility or is that just false hope? Any help would be greatly appreciated. I really don't care to unlock, my main concern is to jailbreak, which if I absolutely had to I could live without, but it would be nice if I could Jailbreak it. Thanks again for all your help in advance.

4. Rooftop voter macrumors 6502a

I "think" you can downgrade if you were jailbroken already and saved your settings through a certain jailbrake app. I don't think you can just downgrade. Not sure though.

5. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

False hope.
    Only way to downgrade a 3.1.3 3GS is if you have your SHSH's saved locally or thru cydia.
    And since you were never JB before you definatelly dont have them in order to downgrade. Dont bother searching any more, you wont get any further.
    There should be more options available down the road but nothing right now in your case.

6. elephunkman macrumors 65816