Need to make Photo book's as PDF's

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by clacknut, Aug 1, 2009.

1. clacknut macrumors member

I need to make a photo catalogue as a PDF.

I like iWeb's ease of making photo web pages, and also like iPhotos photo book, but neither of them let me save as a PDF..

can anyone tell me of any good programs that can make photo books as easy as these two programs (I am not an expert), that will let me save as PDF's.

regards, Sandy

2. JediMeister macrumors 68040

Actually you can save a Photo Book as PDF from iPhoto. Go to File->Print, then along with the Preview, Cancel, and Print options is a button with PDF and a triangle pointing down. Clicking on that button will allow you to "Save as PDF..." This will of course export the entirety of the book as PDF, so you may have to do some trimming of the dustcover and front/back cover pages but you'll have a fully functional PDF copy. This will actually give you a pretty good idea of how a print project ordered through Apple Photo Services will look like.

3. clacknut thread starter macrumors member

WOW thanks for that.

I forgot to add, I like iPhotos integration asi use it for storing my previews. and would like to try other photobook software IF it would use iPhotos media type importing.

Regards, Sandy