Need To Recover App Data!

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by ac5a, Jun 8, 2012.

1. ac5a macrumors newbie

My friend was screwing around with my iphone and deleted my app. When I connected to itunes to sync (without knowing) it also deleted the app form my computer. When I finally realized it I tried to reinstall the app but the app data is lost! I have a time machine backup of it and I need to know how to restore the app data for that one app only. I do not not want to restore since it will update my iphone and get rid of the jailbreak. Any help would be appreciated thanks!

2. jman240 macrumors 6502a

When he deleted the app he also deleted the app data. If you use backup or icloud you can do a full restore provided the backup you use to restore from not only has that app installed but also the app data...

App data is stored / backed up separate from apps and is persistent in that way, however, deleting an app on the phone effectively tells the os to clean up everything to do with this app including the data.

3. ac5a thread starter macrumors newbie

But I don't want to do a full restore because it will update my iphone to the latest ios.

4. ZCherub macrumors 6502a

ZCherub

I get that you just want that one app, but what's wrong with updating to the latest iOS? Do you have a jailbreak or something? If so, the new iOS is jailbreak-able, and there are tools to restore all of your settings post-restore/jailbreak.

5. ac5a thread starter macrumors newbie

It;s not letting me restore, why?! Attached is a screen shot. The restore and the check for update button is not clickable. I have the latest iTunes.

Attached Files:

6. ZCherub macrumors 6502a

ZCherub

Oh - you're already on the latest iOS... Make sure your device is connected and that it's visible on the left of your screen in iTunes. If you can't click restore, then I would eject the phone, disconnect it, close iTunes, reboot the computer, restart your iPhone (while disconnected), and try everything again.

7. ac5a thread starter macrumors newbie

Did both of those and it still won't let me do it.