Need to recover files lost in syncing iPhone from 3rd party app.

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by marcel-v, Nov 16, 2010.

1. marcel-v macrumors regular

Hi, please help me, I'm desperate. Just recorded a live performance on an app called Clear Record and as soon as I went to sync this it deleted the app and all the .wav recordings.

Is there a way to recover this please? I'm freaking out.

2. gnychis macrumors 6502

i don't think there is a way to recover it :\

3. CodfishCatfish macrumors newbie

I cant remember the exact path but look for Applicationbackups. Use WinSCP or Ifunbox to gain access to the folder and With the latest version of Ifunbox you can convert back possibly deleted apps to IPA if installed.
    I found that after I synced and lost 100+ mostly free apps and then Itunes had a 6gb of other (the majority was ApplicationBackup) Once the app is restored it might pickup the wav file if moved to a media folder. I'm very sorry I can't be more specific as my phone is in a crashed loop so trying to start a new thread for that. Converting back the deleted app rather than re-installing might have all the stored stuff there. Probably best to explore ApplicationBackups\Clear Record for the missing wave before you do anything. Good Luck

PS: it's like 2:40am @ the time of writing so probably not the best description but if helpful I can post a better reply tomorrow.