Need to replace my 4 under warranty but

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by daviddcmd, Nov 9, 2011.

1. daviddcmd macrumors member

I'm jailbroken under 4.3.3. I got the phone exactly how I want but the home button doesn't work all the time. I know this is common and Apple will replace it.

I don't want an IP4 with IOS5. Anyone know what the software version comes with the replacement 4?

TIA

2. TC25 macrumors 68020

There's no way to predict which version of iOS you will get since it depends on how many devices they have in stock, how fast they move them, etc. Having said that, I'd bet they come with iOS5.

3. pltvu macrumors newbie

Got replacement at Apple store Northridge, CA last week iphone4 with 4.3.5 ios preload.

4. Dwalls90 macrumors 601

Dwalls90

You definitely won't get 4.3.3 or lower ... as 4.3.4 came out months ago.

If you get 4.3.4 or higher, just use the tethered jailbreak on iOS 5. It's really not bad at all. Or deal with the home button until there's an unthetered jailbreak for iOS 5.

5. dgstan macrumors 6502a

I replaced mine for the exact same reason about 3 weeks ago. My replacement came with iOS5.

I've been rocking the tethered JB without too many problems. Any issues I did have were self-induced because I can't leave it alone. The enhancements in 5 make the upgrade worth the tethering.