Resolved Need to restore iMac to Factory Settings, please help!

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by iapple12399, Apr 11, 2015.

1. iapple12399, Apr 11, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 12, 2015

iapple12399 macrumors newbie

So I have an iMac mid 2007 and can't remember the password. I do have the original Mac OS X Install Disc 1 and Mac OS X Snow Leopard discs. However when I try using them to go to that disc utility > language to reset the hard drive or whatever, it still requires a password for me to do that. I also am using a Logitech K120 keyboard because the apple one stopped working. The button has a windows symbol instead of the "command" button. Even why I try doing "command+r" or "command+option+r" upon start up, nothing shows up, it just brings me into the computer screen, and the command button/windows button does function as a command button. I've also tried using the install disc and holding "c", but the disc just ends up getting ejected before the start up screen. Please help me to restore the iMac to factory settings, would greatly appreciate it, thanks!

2. iapple12399, Apr 11, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 12, 2015

iapple12399 thread starter macrumors newbie

Update: So I held "Alt" (in other words, "option") with the install disc, and two things apear: "\dgf." hard drive symbol, and the mac cd. I tried clicking one or the other. Clicking \dgf. just allows me to use the computer, but still don't have an option to reset mac. Clicking the CD just ends up getting ejected.

Just need to find a way to reset mac to factory settings. Thanks.