Need to restore jailbroken Iphone 3gs

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by maxwells50, Nov 18, 2011.

1. maxwells50 macrumors newbie

I have a jailbroken Iphone 3gs. The phone has been reset and is ready to be restored but I dont know the firmware number or anything. Need help. Not sure what pwnagetool version to use either. Any suggestions?

2. Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

If you want to restore it to official Apple firmware, then why do you use pwnage tool?

Just hook it to your computer, put it into DFU mode, Itunes will notify you that it is recovery mode and need to be restore, hit okay, then restore, Itunes will do the rest.

3. maxwells50 thread starter macrumors newbie

I have done that and every time i try to restore it in itunes it gives me the unknown error 1015. I have attempted to jailbreak it again with redsn0w0.9.6b4 and iphone firmware 2,1 _4.2.1 and it gets stuck on the apple screen during the reboot everytime. I am pretty sure I have screwed it up even more. Any suggestions?

4. Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

I believe your iphone has Ipad baseband on it and that the reason you received an error at the end of the process where the baseband did not match and Itunes give you an error. Did you try to use TU to exit recovery?

5. maxwells50 thread starter macrumors newbie

I am completely new to this jailbreaking process I am not sure what TU is. I used a program called recboot to exit recovery and it went right back into recovery mode when I plugged the phone back in. Now when I plug it in to the computer itunes doesnt recognize that there is an iphone plugged in.

6. Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

1. Download Tiny Umbrella (TU) onto your computer,
    2. Once you see 1015 error, click okay, close itune.
    3. Open TU, you will see your phone show up on the upper left hand corner, click on it, then look at the upper right hand side, click exit recovery.
    4. Your phone will boot up normally to activation screen (emergency call screen)

7. maxwells50 thread starter macrumors newbie

After following those steps the phone cycled and went right back into recovery mode with the image of the cord and the itunes symbol..

8. Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

Try to use TU on different computer and see it works.