Need to return of sell iPhone 3g. Advice please.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by frikfrak, Aug 28, 2008.

1. frikfrak macrumors regular

So I bought an employee an iPhone 3g, and a few days later dude quits. It was on an existing line, which I need to keep. I want to either return the iPhone, or preferably, sell it on Ebay.

If I return it to the ATT store, then I'll get my $299 back. And it'll probably take 50 calls to CS to get the line's upgrade eligibility restored, if they'll even do it (been there done that and it was a b***h).

But I'd rather sell it on ebay and make some money.

My question is this: can I just sell it and then go to the OLAM and cancel the data package even though I've only had the phone a week? When ATT notices that the iPhone isn't being used on that line will they bill me for the difference between the unsubsidized price and the subsidized price that I paid?

Advice/suggestions appreciated.

2. bassproguy07 macrumors 6502a

bassproguy07

i think you would have to pay the difference. I payed 430 for my 8 gig but ive seen em on ebay for over 500 so you would still make a little money even though you pay the difference.

3. stewartlittle macrumors regular

if you want to skip ebay pm me. I have been looking to try out the iphone world. Thanks

4. Future2001 macrumors member

I'm sure you can't remove the plan online. I've tried. Call up cust. Service tell them you don't have the phone anymore. Or wait the thirty days, that would make it easier.

5. frikfrak thread starter macrumors regular

Guess I didn't look closely, you're right, no way to cancel the data via olam. So on the 31st day can I call cs and have the data turned off, switch to the old phone on that line, and there won't be any penalty/fines?

6. hexonxonx macrumors 601

You will still have to pay the early termination fee since you are breaking a two year contract.