Need to revamp my website, need advice on a new web designer

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by GoJames4, Feb 2, 2017.

1. GoJames4 macrumors newbie

GoJames4

I'm helping a friend revamp her old website originally built in FrontPage. I need something that can create modern websites so her new website can pass the Google Mobile Test (https://search.google.com/search-console/mobile-friendly). The painful thing is that she wants a drag and drop designer that works for BOTH PC and Mac. Suggestions, anyone?

2. Avieshek Suspended

Avieshek

Have you visited 9to5mac? The continuity of their page scroll is a commendable feature.

However:
    • Wix.com
    • format.com
    • Yola.com
    These, would be the basic recommendation.

3. GoJames4 thread starter macrumors newbie

GoJames4

I would prefer a drag and drop designer. I found the Coffeecup Responsive Site Designer, it's available for both Windows and Mac...but it's so expensive. :mad:

4. blaster_boy macrumors 6502

blaster_boy

You can also try "Pinegrow web designer" and "Bootstrap Studio" : both allow you to drag and drop responsive websites using the bootstrap framework. You'll still need to know html and how the bootstrap components all fit together though. I bought both at a sale end of 2016 for about 30 or 40 dollars each.

5. SparkFlash macrumors 6502

SparkFlash

Grab a template on theme forest for wordpress and drag and drop in the admin area.

6. BrianBaughn macrumors 603

BrianBaughn

There's a free Elementor plugin for Wordpress that adds drag and drop style design.

7. Duffling macrumors newbie

8. dsh3 macrumors 6502

dsh3

What he said.

9. GoJames4 thread starter macrumors newbie

GoJames4

Thanks all. I ended up installing Virtualbox on the PC, so my friend can edit her sites using a Mac app, she didn't want to pay for both a Windows and a Mac version. While evaluating different apps, I liked Coffeecup Responsive Site Designer the most, my friend liked a Mac web design app called Wolf. Both are very good drag and drop tools, we are pretty proud of our new site designs. :p

10. zonadev macrumors newbie

I think you should web designer on job search sites there are many designers available