Need to sell my collection

Discussion in 'Apple Collectors' started by antonist, Nov 9, 2007.

1. antonist macrumors newbie

I have been collecting Apple stuff for 20 Years plus. Unfortunately I now need to sell the lot but don't have any ideas what its worth. I have about 50 computers including the Apple II. Apple III. Lisa etc and a thousands of spare parts. Would appreciate advise on values where possible.

EDIT: Please see my reply in this thread if you have not already done so. Thanks --mkrishnan

2. antonist thread starter macrumors newbie

I will be putting a list together soon when I get a chance to visit my storage area,

3. MacBoy108 macrumors 6502

MacBoy108

Yes please post a list when you get a chance I'm sure many people including me, will be interested.
    If you dont mind me asking why are you selling everything?

4. antonist thread starter macrumors newbie

I have been an Apple enthusiast and dealer for many years. Have collected alot of this stuff along the way. Unfortunately I have run into financially difficult times and need the cash. I looked at selling on ebay but could not determine their value as alot of it may not be in good working order as I have not touched it for over 10 years. For those interested, I will look at each item and determine its config and operation.
    At this point I was hoping that someone would have an idea of the value of an Apple III and Lisa XL assuming they don't work.

5. gkarris macrumors 604

gkarris

There's a Lisa XL on eBay right now in good condition that works that's at $800.

I paid $425 for mine in nice condition, but didn't work after it shipped to me (I haven't had the time to get it working again).

I would say yours, depending on condition and how hard it will be to get it working again, is about $350-$450...

6. antonist thread starter macrumors newbie

7. gkarris macrumors 604

gkarris

Wow - no Apple III's on eBay. They must be in hands of collectors.

I paid $125 for mine with 2 profile drives a long, long time ago. I think they're worth around $200 but it's got to be in good condition and fully working. No missing keyboard keys (when I was shopping for one, many had missing keys).

8. HowEver macrumors 6502a

HowEver

It will be better to sell items individually, but that will take some patience.

Are you established on eBay already, i.e., years of good feedback? That will help immensely.

Good luck with this and keep us posted, and there are collectors here obviously.

9. alex1 macrumors newbie

I should have posted here last year when we dumped about 50 macs from apple II to DPG4's from work. They went to a recycler. I did feel kind of sick setting them into the back of a flat bed truck. :(

The Dells? I swung those things in by their power cords to get extra momentum on them. WHAM!:)

10. gkarris macrumors 604

gkarris

11. ChrisA macrumors G4

I did the same thing last summer. A full pickup truck load. Most of it was from the era just before and afer the 68000 to PPC transition. I had some 32-bit Sun SPARC hardware in the mix too. Lot's of people tossing this stuff as it's value is not worth the cost of shipping.

12. SthrnCmfrtr macrumors 6502

Dreadfully heavy boxes, even those old pizzaboxes. Not to mention the UltraSPARC machines that seem to be getting flaky in a very unSunnish way these days. I had some SGI machines not long ago that I tossed simply because they weighed approximately 375 pounds apiece (small exaggeration). Would've been nice for someone, but they were just... friggin' solid steel, man, and the CPU equivalent of Stephen Hawking. Genius, but useless for most purposes.

13. Roderick Usher macrumors regular

Yeah, they show up from time to time; there aren't that many to go around. I've seen them on eBay for anywhere from $100 to $250, depending on condition and accessories.

I may put up mine soon. I was really hoping to get some usage out of it, but native software is scarce and the Apple II emulation mode is too damned crippled.

14. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Clarification on this thread:

1) The OP is not eligible to create a Marketplace thread selling products on Macrumors due to insufficient history with the forum. See the rules thread in the Marketplace forum for more details.

2) Buy/sell/trade business may NOT be conducted in other parts of MR outside the Marketplace.

So this is what I am asking of you, and what you should expect:

- Posts made soliciting purchases from the OP, offering deals, etc, have been deleted.

- If there continue to be more of them, then I'll have to close this thread.

Please feel free to continue discussing valuation of collector Macs, as that is an appropriate use of this forum.

If you have any concerns, please let me know. My apologies for the inconvenience, and thanks also for your cooperation.

15. madmax_2069 macrumors 6502a

madmax_2069

i would suggest to go to www.applefritter.com or www.68kmla.net there is quite a few people at those 2 places that are intrested in old Apple/Mac hardware. plus they are a bit more easier on new people.