Need to sync contacts from iphone to itunes / adress book

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by tivoboy, Jun 26, 2009.

1. tivoboy macrumors 68030

So, AT&T put the contacts from m OLD phone onto my iphone. They didn't do it well/correctly, but at least the bulk of them are on the iphone.

Now, I have a lot of contacts on my MBP in Addressbook, which I want to at some point ADD to the iphone.

I have created a GROUP in the addressbook called iphone, and I have set itunes to sync "contacts created on this iphone to a group" called iphone on the computer.

I HAVEN'T DONE IT YET.

What will it do, will it put the contacts that are ON THE IPHONE NOW, in the GROUP IPHONE CONTACTS on the MBP, and leave the ones that are on the MBO in the main addressbook as they are, until I choose to sync all contacts?

I'd like to get the ones OFF the iphone and clean them up, and then ADD then one at a time to the main Addressbook group.

2. AiralynRose macrumors 6502a

Only way to find out for sure is to try it. But first, export your current address book. There should be an export option under "File". Then after you try to sync, you might have to import them back.

Be careful and read all message boxes to make sure it says they're not going to erase the contacts.