Need to Track/Trace my stolen iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by asdf212, May 10, 2010.

1. asdf212 macrumors regular

My iPhone was just stolen a few hours ago. Unfortunately there was not yet a tracking app installed as it was brand new. However, this phone runs my entire business, literally.

The consequences of Losing this phone could mean the end of my career and the end of my life.

I NEED to find a way to atleast see the location. I have already tried checking the recent calls, texting the phone, offering a reward, even contacting At&t - all to no avail.

So I am wondering if its possible AT ALL to Track this thing down.
    if you know ANYTHING AT ALL I can do, or any way whatsoever I can track this, please let me know.

At the moment I dont care how legal,ethical, etc. the method is. But if you have any help at all I would be EXTREMELY APPRECIATIVE. Thanks again!!

2. iFerd macrumors 6502a

If you have a MobileMe account and set your iPhone to use it and to activate Find My iPhone, you can track it. If it is brand new, though, you may not have Mobile me or have set it up for this purpose. You can also use MobileMe to wipe the phone remotely, if it came to that.

I suspect this won't be what you are looking for, though. If you had that all set already, you probably wouldn't be seeking advice here.

3. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

He already said he had no tracking apps.

OP, I don't know of any legal way. Of course Apple or AT&T could track it, but AFAIK they won't do anything for you, since they've not helped anyone else when the phone is stolen.

I'm sure there is some illegal way, but I don't know it.

4. DerekS macrumors 6502

5. DerekS macrumors 6502

6. BigRedOne macrumors regular

If you know where it was stolen and there were any stores in the area with video cameras. Maybe you can check with their security and see if they can go to the hour and date it happen to produce a picture of the bad human.

If you can get a picture, then go to the cops with the picture in hand, they may be able to place a name or even know the SOB. Not much but I would try it if it were me.

Regardless, I hope it works out for you!

7. thelatinist macrumors 603

thelatinist

I call BS. If you had time to load career-ending information onto your phone and make it central to your business, you had time to set up MobileMe. If you were in a career that could be ruined by leaked info, you'd know better than to put it on a non-secure device. And unless you are a spy who was fool enough to put cover-blowing data on said unsecured iPhone, your life cannot possibly be in danger.

I think it's far more likely that you are trying to trace a phone that does not belong to you. Or that you are simply a troll.

8. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Losing this iphone would end your career and your life?
    Who are you Gray Powell? :D
    If you had that much sensitive info on it I would really hope you had a passcode lock setup if anything.