Need to trasfer Data dvd files made with widows to a Mac

Discussion in 'macOS' started by heaterrocks, Aug 18, 2008.

1. heaterrocks macrumors newbie

Ok the problem is I made a data dvd disk with windows that has a few thousand wav. files on it...and i checked the dvd once it was burned to make sure the files were there.. and every thing was fine.. now my problem is a sent the dvd to a friend and he has a Mac..and when he puts the dvd in the Mac doesnt even see the folders that are burned on it to see any of the files.. so im wondering if there is a way to fix this as I do not know much about Macs..thanks in advance

2. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

This is usually caused by not closing the disc after burning it. You may find that people using Windows who don't have the same burning program used to make the disc can't read it either. If this is the case, that confirms my theory.

3. heaterrocks thread starter macrumors newbie

yes i do think that is the problem when you use windows vista... as i did a little more research with google..i kept finding that you have to change the default settings when you burn a disc..so basically i gave my friend a few coasters..and thanks for the help..

4. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

Actually, I believe you can close a disc you've already burned - you just need to insert the disc, configure the burn options (but don't burn any files), and let Windows do its thing.

5. heaterrocks thread starter macrumors newbie

all right thanks for the tips man.. now i just have to tell my friend how to close the disc..