Need to VPN via Sonicwall to Win2008 Server - run programs?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by diane143, Jan 29, 2012.

1. diane143 macrumors 6502a

Sorry for the extended subject length.

I am to be doing some bookkeeping for a company who wants to set me up to log into his Windows 2008 server. He's doing this through a Sonicwall router. He is moving all of his Quickbooks over to the server.

I have not used VPN since my Novell days about 10 years ago. I am guessing I will not be able to run his QB for Windows using any VPN. (for other Quickbooks clients I have, I am using either Logmein or Windows Remote Desktop Connection).

If I am wrong, please let me know as that would make my life so much easier.

If I am right, what is the easiest, least expensive and best way to accomplish this (hopefully I can get at least 2 out of 3).

I am willing to install Windows of some flavor on my 2008 MB unibody if need be but it would be my last choice. Actually I think my last choice is buying a cheap Windows laptop. ;)

I have read through some of the issues with Sonicwall clients on the forum here and will cross that bridge when I get to it.

I am running Leopard on this machine. I can upgrade but never did because I would lose access to my old laser.

Thanks!
    Diane

2. nDarkness macrumors newbie

I would ask the client to install logmein for simplicity sake. Not saying the other methods aren't possible, but why reinvent the wheel. Go with what works for you.