Need to wipe new MBA

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by wantmba, Oct 28, 2010.

1. wantmba macrumors newbie

Okay, I've owned my macbook air for less than 12 hours, and it's already f'd.

If someone can figure this out, please let me know:
    -I normally use a time-capsule to back up my old macbook. I had filevault turned on, on my old macbook (and so I guess it was also applied to the data on the time-capsule)
    -I turned on my new MBA and told it to take all the macbook data (including login profiles etc) off of my time capsule. I figured this would be easier than migrating components of the data over.
    -Now, I can't login to my profile on my new macbook air. I have the right password, but it's saying that filevault can access the data, or something. Maybe it's because it's not recognizing the new machine.
    -At this point, I just want to start fresh with the macbook air. I stuck that little reboot key in the usb port and re-installed the software. Unfortunately, after I did that, the old login profile (which I can't access) were still on there.

I get it - I'm bad with computers. Even with the really user-friendly, idiot-proof ones. That aside, if anyone can help me with this, it would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance