Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Donhave

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 24, 2012
I have iphone sprint 4s bad esn, i have account customers sprint, i contact with sprint, they said can't unlock this phone because bad esn. How can unlock?( i not living on us)

Mr Hill

macrumors 6502a
Apr 28, 2012
Charlotte, NC
Only way is to use the CDMA Gevey Sim for the iPhone 4S. I'm not sure if they have one that works on iOS 6 though. You would need to be on 5.1.1 or lower and jailbroken.

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
I have iphone sprint 4s bad esn, i have account customers sprint, i contact with sprint, they said can't unlock this phone because bad esn. How can unlock?( i not living on us)

You cannot.
The original owner either reported it lost or stolen or never paid his phone bill.
That's something he will have to handle and call up customer service for that sprint iphone to ever be removed from the bad esn database and then ask for an international unlock.
In other words you're out of luck. Just sell it if you can, its worthless to you besides as an ipod touch or for parts.

Donhave

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 24, 2012
You cannot.
The original owner either reported it lost or stolen or never paid his phone bill.
That's something he will have to handle and call up customer service for that sprint iphone to ever be removed from the bad esn database and then ask for an international unlock.
In other words you're out of luck. Just sell it if you can, its worthless to you besides as an ipod touch or for parts.

I checked on Apple, info my phone on available . I think this phone dont an ipod touch

Kaze105

macrumors member
Sep 27, 2012
He meant you can sell it like an ipod touch. (No data connection, except Wifi and no phone calls)

propalitet

macrumors member
Mar 26, 2011
You cannot.

You CAN. Just not on CDMA.

If it's on ios 5 just get this:
http://www.applenberry.com/gevey-ultra-s-cdma/

----------

Actually there is this too for ios 6, even cheaper:
http://www.r-simcard.com/product.php?id_product=11

Check if they support your carrier, the list is on the bottom.

aka777

macrumors 6502a
Mar 13, 2012
At least Sprint and VZ block the handset. AT&T willfully does nothing if your handset is stolen. Even when they see that someone else has it activate on their account.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.