NEED URGENT HELP Factory unlocked email received, what to do next

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by emscie, Aug 20, 2013.

1. emscie, Aug 20, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2013

emscie macrumors newbie

Hello all

I bought an iphone 5 on contract that was never used. The carrier just authorized unlock upon termination fee paid. I got an email detailing steps to restore iphone to complete unlock process. Do I need to complete this process before putting up the phone for sale? Or is this a step that the buyer can do. The phone has never been used.
    I wanna make sure they don't have any issues with the phone. It is definitely unlocked by the carrier but I am reading so many conflicting stories online.
    Thanks

2. Mrbobb macrumors 601

U answered your own question.

If u want him to have zero hassle, YOU DO IT.

The procedure may asks for information only you know.

3. stormchaser macrumors 6502

stormchaser

Normally your email should have instructions. But basically you plug into iTunes and then it will tell you it's unlocked. There's nothing complicated.

4. emscie thread starter macrumors newbie

Alright, thanks. I was not sure if me completing that step would record me as owner of the phone or something... Since the phone has never been activated.

5. SenseiPhone macrumors regular

Put the "foreign sim card" on the phone and if it's still on iOS 6 setup, simply complete the steps and after wi-fi activation you should see a signal and you're done. (or you may connect to itunes)