Need urgent help with Iphone 3gs please.

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by ai19938, Apr 13, 2010.

1. ai19938 macrumors newbie

I am having a big issue right now with this phone. When I first got it, my friend jailbroke it for me with blackra1n, but it was a tetherd jailbreak. Then for some reason I reset the phone. Now Im stuck on the recovery screen. I tried Blackra1n again, but it just freezes on geohots's screen than after a while it just shuts off goes back into recovery mode. Now I dont know what to do. Can someone please help me, i would really appreciated.

Before I reset the device it was version 3.1.2.
    and its a 3gs I believe it was a mc model.

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Why did you reset the phone? You mean erase all content and settings?
    Very bad idea. You have to restore it thru iTunes now. Blackrain will not do anything, you deleted everything.

3. ai19938 thread starter macrumors newbie

yes lol, i really didnt know because it was my cousins iphone and I wanted to delete all his stuff. Could you help me restore and be able to jailbreak again?

4. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Jeez. You should've asked on here before doing things that you don't know what they do. Your only hope is to get into DFU mode. See my sig. However, you'll have to go to 3.1.3, since I'm sure you don't have your blobs stored on Cydia. So, you'll be on the latest baseband and can forget jailbreaking for awhile.

5. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Nothing you can do with a tethered JB iphone at the moment but restore to 3.1.3