Need Urgent Help With Iphone Screen Colors Acting Negative And Blurs!!!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by kseh, Mar 10, 2009.

1. kseh macrumors newbie

ok so 2 days ago i got an iPhone that i bought through a 3rd party online and i LOVED it and yesterday I plugged it on the wall through the wall to USB charger and i started texting and all of a sudden my screen started getting staticky and shaking and after 2 seconds the whole screen was full with faded colors like a purplish aurora and blurred and lines all over the screen like some pixels were being dragged but the funny thing is that i havent dropped it or it hasnt been water damaged or anything and i also jailbroke it/ unlocked it so my warranty is void :( and i also didnt have a warranty through the website that i bought it through and its weird because the iPhone works just fine the apps are perfect sounds and everything its just the way the color in the screen is. Ive tried going on DFU mode, hdd reset, iTunes backup/restore/reset and i dont know what to do now....... :confused::confused::confused::confused:PLZZZZZ SOMEONE HELP ME!! IM BEGGING FOR HELP!!!!:eek::eek:

heres some pics:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Bryan Bowler macrumors 68030

Not to be rude, but what do you expect us to say?

It seems to me that you can either return it to whoever you bought it from (if they'll take it back) or you can see how much it will cost to have it repaired.

In the future, I would highly advise buying from Apple or an authorized Apple reseller.

3. ruinfx macrumors 6502a

i guess now you know why it was such a "good deal"?

4. jlwillia macrumors regular

If it is a defective screen, Apple will replace it regardless of where you or who you bought it from, right? A manufacturer defect is a manufacturer defect. You will need to do a restore to factory settings to un-jailbreak it before taking it to Apple though.

Since you don't know the history of the phone, don't be surprised if it has some water damage or something though.

Disclaimer: I don't know for a fact that Apple will replace manufacturer defective products that you bought from a 3rd party, but I don't see why not. As long as it isn't a user-created problem, (hence the term "manufacturer defect") I don't see how they can refuse a replacement.

Trust me, OP, if I'm mistaken or my logic flawed somehow, there will be about 20 replies to that effect.