NEED URGENT help with MBP screen!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by SephirothXR, Mar 13, 2011.

1. SephirothXR macrumors 6502

This is currently happening to my screen:

http://www.youtube.com/user/SephirothXA

The screen (but not the computer) stops responding, and gets progressively fuzzier and brighter until it's completely white and there are some vertical lines on it. When I click it, it responds again, and when I hold it hard, I can actually see where the mouse is moving (if I don't hold it, it doesn't work). It has been doing this on and off. If I don't have AppleCare, what are my options? Is it definitely hardware, and how much would a new screen cost (can I get a new screen is the real question for me)?

NOTE: I promise you this is not an iPad. It is a 13" uMBP from Summer 2009.

2. SephirothXR thread starter macrumors 6502

It's working better now, but if it comes back, I need to have a good idea of what it is. Anyone have any idea?

3. DustinT macrumors 68000

DustinT

It looks like you've got some thing cracked or loose inside the display. I'd have Apple take a look at it and see what they say. It could be as simple as a loose connector or as ugly as needing a new display. You need a professional opinion though and very few people are qualified to do that without the laptop in front of them.

4. sebgreen macrumors regular

take it to apple

Looks like a dodgy screen.

I had an odd led backlight issue with mine 2 weeks ago, took it to apple. They replaced the screen with no questions. Apple care covered it.

Its a complete new clam shell on the machine, so full lid. They just take it off at the hinges and put a new one on.

Would have been around £450 without apple care.