Need video montage for music

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by kikowe, Oct 2, 2009.

1. kikowe macrumors newbie

Hi there,
    is my first post here. My name is Alex,23, from Italy, living in London.
    I'll be short..
    I am a composer/audio engineer, and I'm building up my showreel.. despite the 30tracks I have got, I have very little (6min audio post-production) music on video samples.

What I wish I had is a montage with various scenes or images that can tell different emotions and situations, so I can score music for it, and show my versatility.

The video could have suspance scenes, war situations, funny cartoon-ish stuff, abstract animations, fantasy etc. the more different they are the better it is..

thinking about the lenght.. I think 5/6min montage it's unlikely to turn boring if it's well structured.

this would be a free job.. I can give back a favour, or anyway, you would end with a work you can show for yourself.

I still haven't got a website (is work in progress), and myspace allows to put a max of 10 tracks so here it is http://myspace.com/alexandroschillaci

there are a few tracks which aren't really soundtracky 'cause they come from my album "as a guitarist", so don't bother about them :)

I hope I can find some help

thanks

Alex

(sending CVs and covering letters for job has made my writing so formal :D omg)

2. anthemus macrumors regular

anthemus

Nice tracks, I shoot a variety of footage using my HVX200. Recently wanting to get more artistic with my shooting and do short visual pieces. Ordered a Canon 7D and some lenses. I have a few ideas for short pieces that I plan on shooting over the next couple of months.

Here's something I shot two years ago that could suit your purpose. I still have the raw. Let me know...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35-wH-ReNiM&feature=fvsr

3. kikowe thread starter macrumors newbie

i think the video is very nice, but is too long for what i have in mind.. something nice would be, say, 1min of something like that, fading to another video and so on..

4. anthemus macrumors regular

anthemus

Just sent it as a sample. I have that footage RAW in .MXF format. If you want e-mail at jeff at skyhighsports dot com. From there I could post clips for you to download. Your welcome to edit the clips yourself or if you send me a music track I could put together something.

I'll have some more samples later this month. Shooting some other more visual arts projects. More visual pieces with time-lapse, slow motion with color grading.

Liked your Myspace samples.

Thanks,

5. kikowe thread starter macrumors newbie

I'll contact you right now.. my mail is kikowe at gmail dot com

thanks very much..

I want to do something "ad hoc" anyway..

ehm..

yep, if you have stuff where you want some music, I'll be glad to work on it, and if you don't like it, no big deal, you don't have to take it, but it's good for me so I can practice

cheers