Need Vinyl LP to Digital Conversion Software

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by diveares, Mar 17, 2011.

1. diveares macrumors newbie

Very frustrating topic. I have Audacity and EZ AUDIO Converter and an ION Turntable but the existing softwares is VERY TEDIOUS and does not recognize gaps in the songs requiring one to monitor the LP for over 20 minutes, Manually putting in the spaces when they happen.

On my old Windows computer, I had SONY EZ Audio that was very good. Is there a Mac Equivalent? Can we use Garage Band? Are there plugins? Google searches turn up the promise of MAC versions but turn out to be ONLY WINDOWS.

2. Dane D. macrumors 6502a

There is a saying in the movie 'Toy Story 2' by the man that restores old toys. It applies here, to paraphrase "You can't rush art." Art takes time but another saying comes to mind. "Haste makes waste", I see all these former PC users come here and complain about this or that. Creating something is not a race. If I want to race through something than my days are over as a production person. You have to get the mindset of creating perfection in whatever it is you are doing. Too many PC users are wrapped up in speed, so what. In the end, the slower, more thoughtful person creates a better piece. IMO, PC users are not used to this, hence their complaints about how long it takes to create something. Thanks MS for creating a user base that doesn't know what good art is. Opinion of mine, MS has lowered the bar in terms of what is acceptable or good. Thanks to MS Word, Publisher and PowerPoint, there is a whole generation out there that will accept crap as good. Try learning a application and using it the way it was meant to be used. If you want crap use a Windows box and quit complaining. Ever since Apple switched to Intel, this place has turned into a rant forum for PC users not used to the Mac way of doing things. I'm tired of reading PC users' complaints, go back to Windows and leave us Mac users alone or learn how-to use a Mac.

3. Knoodles macrumors 6502

Knoodles

Amadeus or Sound Studio do a great job of digitizing vinyl records and separating the tracks. Then use Click Repair to remove all the clicks and pops. You just need to take the time to learn a new piece of software. Search MacUpdate for the software. If I can do it and have great results, anyone can. The hardest part for me is tagging the tracks. I use Amazons track listing and copy/paste to make for less typing.

4. tug macrumors 6502

and what was the purpose of this seemingly pointless rant! the OP took the time to ask advice from us and all he gets is this! if you have nothing constructive to say to new members, dont say anything! :mad: