Need Vista 64-bit drivers.

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by The Flashing Fi, Sep 27, 2008.

1. The Flashing Fi macrumors 6502a

Hey guys.

I have some Vista 64-bit drivers that someone gave me.

Everything seemed to work, EXCEPT my wireless.

I checked out the package, and I don't see any Atheros 64-bit drivers or Marvel 64-bit drivers (but ethernet does work).

I also tried the Boot Camp 2.1 update, but still, no go.

2. The Flashing Fi thread starter macrumors 6502a

Found the drivers.

They're Atheros 7.3.1.42 drivers and they need to be installed through the device manager.

3. e7e macrumors member

where did you get your vista x64 drivers?

I cant install the bootcamp 2.1 update, it wont start :(

4. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

You need to install 2.0 before 2.1 will install. Stupidly you don't even get an error message if you don't have 2.0.

5. The Flashing Fi thread starter macrumors 6502a

Somebody sent them to me.

I don't have any place to upload them for you.

I suggest going to some place like The Pirate Bay and downloading a torrent of the drivers. Do a search for "Boot Camp Drivers." You should get something called "Boot Camp Drivers.iso."

It appears that includes 64-bit Vista drivers. It appears that it lacks Nvidia/ATi drivers as well as the wireless drivers.

If you have an Nvidia video card, have no fear. Just go to laptopvideo 2 go and download drivers for your laptop (BE SURE TO FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS! You do need to replace a file).

Then do a Google Search for Atheros 7.3.1.42. You'll need to install these drivers manually through the device manager.

6. e7e macrumors member

thanks for the answers, I finally found the vista x64 drivers. To bad apple didnt include the graphic drivers and wireless.