Need Visual Hub Replacement

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by mackid1993, Jul 3, 2011.

1. mackid1993 macrumors member

I've been a user of Visual Hub for a solid 5 years, but sadly this program seems to be finally broken by Lion. (Gold Master 11A511) I have been using it for so long, simply because I can't find anything that converts XVID files and burns them to DVD as well. I have been looking for a replacement for a while now, and finally I really need one. Can someone please recommend a replacement program for me? It would be very much appreciated. Thanks in advance. :)

2. acearchie macrumors 68040

acearchie

I don’t know about the burning to DVD but have you tried MPEG Streamclip?

To burn to DVDs I use Toast so maybe if there isn’t an all in one program you may have to do it with two?

MPEG Streamclip is free though so you would only be paying for Toast.

3. mackid1993 thread starter macrumors member

I have tried Toast, but it is such a heavy an bloated application. I am planning on giving "Burn" another shot, but it has never properly worked for me.

4. bmullemeister macrumors member

I have been using iSkysoft iMedia çonverter Deluxe

Good value for money :)

Bert

5. Phish311 macrumors regular

Can skysoft convert an avi to video_ts file and burn it as well?

6. spacepower7 macrumors 68000

Toast is the most bloated app I have ever used. It takes longer to launch than any other app that I have ever used. It's still has some of the same basic little bugs from version 8 to 11. I started using it at version 3.5.x It's a perfect example of what happens when a PC company buys Mac software.

VisualHub was/is one of the greatest video apps ever made. Simple GUI with plenty of advanced options. I was bummed when I launched it on lion and it wouldn't work.

While not a replacement for visualhub, no video features, Disco burning app is now free.

www.discoapp.com

7. cesko macrumors newbie

VH fix for Lion

Guys,
    If the problem you encountered in Lion was VH not recognizing your registration info the author provided a zip package containing 3 scpt files that need to be replaced within the app.
    You can d/l it here:
    http://www.techspansion.com/vhlion.html

8. lhammer610 macrumors member

lhammer610

Well, that sort of works for me. It no longer asks for the registration code. But when I load up a m4v or mkv file, then click on "Start", well nothing happens. I was so happy for like 30 seconds.

BTW, I am running Mountain Lion.